Saturday, May 21, 2011

Did I miss it?

I am not someone who watches the news and a lot of tv because I don't want the negativity to effect my life.  I did, however, notice a great bit of talk about today being the end of the world.  I won't get into that but will say that we will know when it happens but will not know the date.  My husband, myself and two close friends have been walking the Roosevelt bridge on Saturdays and it is awesome!  I am really enjoying looking over the beautiful water and feeling the fresh (as fresh as it gets) air.  It's nice to have friends who are getting into a healthy lifestyle.  It's totally amazing how many unhealthy, overweight and uncaring people there are out there.  If you sit and watch people in public places you will see that majority are overweight and walking around oblivious to what they are doing to themselves.  Then you look at the older people who are using walkers or are ridden by some kind of illness and it kind of reminds me of a robotic life.  everyone going through the motions of living, following the same routines and listening to the same information - believing what they hear about on the TV and radio.  "milk!  it does a body good".  "beef!  it's what's for dinner".......  Take the red pill people!!!

I found this on the internet that really made me think of our daily lives so I am gonna share it with you.

The terms redpill and its opposite, bluepill, are pop culture terms that have become a common symbol for the choice between the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue) and embracing the sometimes painful truth of reality (red). The terms were popularized in science fiction culture via the 1999 film The Matrix. The movie relies on the premise that an artificial reality exists that is advanced enough so as to be indistinguishable from reality, and that no test exists that can conclusively prove that reality is not a simulation. This ties in closely with the skeptical idea that the everyday world is illusory, a simulated reality. In the movie, the main character Neo is offered the choice between a red pill and a blue pill with the red pill leading to his "escape" from the Matrix, a fictional computer-generated world set in 1999, while the blue pill will allow him to remain in the world with no knowledge that anything is wrong.

this is so close to what you see out there.............
Hope I don't offend anyone.........just my thoughts

1 comment: